[pct-l] hiking the pct in winter?

I was considering hiking from Castle Crags State Park to Burney Falls
and even possibly down to old station California in November.  Do you
think its too much of a bad weather risk?  I looked it up on the map and
it looks like it doesn't ever go any higher than about 6000 feet and it
rarely snows below 6000 feet in northern CA but this year is a strange
one (El NINO) so who's to say what the forcast holds.  I am a novice
hiker and I wanted to take my 10 year old son with me and so I'd like to
get information on survival techniques in the event of the worst
possible conditions.  Any information you could shre would be greatly
appreciated.

                                     Sincerely,

                                               John, from Redding CA