No Subject

After approximately a week, he called back and informed me that they
would
not re-floor the tent because Rainy Pass wouldn't do the repair for
free,
and Bibler/Black Diamond DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND $200 to have the repair
done.

I was stunned.  After dealing with many other outstanding customer
support
policies (LL Bean, The North Face, Patagonia to name just a few), I was
in
awe to see a company in today's market, with such a ridiculous outlook.
 If
I can spend over $1000 on their product (and I was also planning on
buying
one of their bivy sacks as well), I would damn well expect them to
support
me on something like this.

Well there it is: You can buy product from Bibler; it is an excellent
product in itself, but just hope that you don't need any repairs done on
it
- you never know what you might get back.

I realize that after this incident, they may well make the materials
available to Rainy Pass, but just be aware of what kind of company
you're
dealing with.

Peace.