[pct-l] Thinking of buying a Bibler?

Hiyall,

Snatched this from rec.backcountry.....sad tale

Subject:
            Thinking of buying a Bibler?
       Date:
            26 Oct 97 16:57:08 GMT
       From:
            "Chris Gebo" <geboman@cci-internet.com>
 Newsgroups:
            rec.backcountry

Here is a story of my experience dealing with Bibler (recently
bought-out
by Black Diamond) which I would like to share with anyone considering
buying a Bibler tent / product.

I purchased my Bibler Awhanee two years ago, after a nine month
fanatical
period of research into the best all-in-one tent I could purchase. I
read
every catalog blurb, every magazine review, and every internet posting I
could find, and compared dozens of makes and models.

After this search, I came up with the Bibler Awhanee.  I must admit, I
loved this tent, and not just because it cost me over $700, but because
the
design and construction were absurdly well thought out and executed.  It
is
a true four season tent, and was supposed to weigh-in at 5 lbs 4 oz
(more
on this later).