[pct-l] Trail Recipe Web Page

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to announce another new baby. No, this one doesn't sleep, cry,
and fill diapers like our Michael (born this past July). But it sure took a
lot of effort, just like Michael! It's the first web page that Christine
and I have ever built, and, as some of you may have guessed, it is for
collecting recipes for our upcoming trail cookbook.

Falcon Publishing is getting interested in the book, and we hope to know
within a couple of weeks if we can get on contract with them. Even if it
falls through, we plan to produce the book through a cookbook fund-raising
company; not as glamorous and profitable, but a more near-term solution.
Regardless, we still need another one hundred or so recipes to make this
book a keeper. Hence the web site.

Christine expanded the scope of the book to include recipes from users of
all the National Scenic Trails. Turned out to be an excellent tactical
move, because it is what finally got Falcon interested (either that, or
they were tired of us bugging them). And it is what was required to have a
large enough population from which to obtain all the recipes we need.

We are still planning on contributing a portion of the profits from every
book sold back to the Pacific Crest Trail Association. In fact, we hope to
donate half the profits back to all the major National Scenic Trail
associations. The final amount will depend on our up-front costs.

Oh yes, one more thing: the web site is at
"http://users.tminet.com/conners/cookbook.html"! Take a look if you get a
chance. Submit a recipe, if you haven't. And let us know what you think!
We're always looking for feedback. And please let us know of your favorite
web sites. Maybe we'll be able to convince their web masters to link back
to our site.

Thanks so much for your help!

Tim and Christine Conners
Tehachapi, California

Tim and Christine Conners
Tehachapi, California

e-mail: conners@tminet.com

Please check out our new Trail Cookbook Web Page:
http://users.tminet.com/conners/cookbook.html
Submit a recipe, or just let us know what you think!