Re: [pct-l] Re: Horses on the PCT

<< and i must echo sentiments previously expressed:  if it were not for the
 dedicated work of backcountry horsemen of calif and other horse groups,
 much of the PCT simply would not be maintained - even if all we had to do
 was maintain it for foot travel.  for that reason alone i welcome
 horsepackers on the trail. >>

   And just why do we need to maintain hiking trails? From what I see out
here, most of them are maintained pretty well simply by people walking on
them.

  If you don't see hiker's maintaining the trail, just who is doing it? I've
never seen a horsey person working on a trail near me. But maybe that's
because there were already 50 hikers doing it..

Mike