[pct-l] re: The Rat Cage

>"What is wrong is a population of 240 million people and only one
PCT, Grand Canyon, or Yellowstone."

Not to make things worse than they seem but your estimate is low by
about 10%.  According to the  U.S. Bureau of the Census our nation's
population in 1997 is 267,954,767 and growing by about 1% per year.

The population of the World meanwhile is estimated at 5.9 billion and is
growing at a 1.6% pace or roughly 100 million people per year.

Mother Ship Earth is indeed filling up if not overflowing.  Aside from
not procreating, what is one to do?

Bob Humphreys
SF, CA
Source:  http://home.worldonline.nl/~mvb/world/pop97.html