Re: [pct-l] Climbing Mt. Whitney during a thru-hike

At 09:41 AM 10/15/97 -0700, Karl S. Brandt wrote:
<lots of good advice snipped>

>It's worth noting that even in an average year, there will still be plenty
>of snow on the way to the summit. Don't let that worry you too much
>though. By the time you reach Whitney you will have already gone over
>Forrester Pass so you'll have plenty of snow experience.

Actually Forester pass is NORTH of the Whitney Spur trail. You would have
already seen it only if your were southbound, and if that was the case,
snow would no longer be a problem for you <g> FWIW I have some pictures of
Forester in early season on my home page.
--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA