[pct-l] US Dollars

I would think Manning Park would take US dollars.  Most everywhere I've been
in Canada is pretty free on taking US dollars.  I just got back from Alaska,
and the whole way up the Alaska highway stores would accept US dollars.  I
think I remember paying in US dollars when I was at Manning Park.  It is
close enough to Washington for them to be used to receiving US dollars.  The
exchange rate is about 30 percent, and many store simply make a US dollar
worth 1.25 Canadian (25 percent)....so they are extra money buy doing this.

CG

Oh BTW, the PCT has about 60 miles of elevation gain from Mexico to Canada,
quite a climb.