[pct-l] ALDHA-West Gathering

repeating my post of August 24:

I would like to extend an invitation to all of you on the list to attend the
annual Gathering for the American Long Distance Hiking Assocation-West.  It
will be held in Cascade Locks, Oregon, along the PCT, on Friday, October 3
thru Sunday, Oct. 5.  This will be a great time to gather with fellow hikers
and attend the slide shows and seminars about long-distance hiking.

Slide shows and discussion:  West Coast Trail;   Continental Divide Trail

Seminars:  "Hiking Gear That Works";  Coping with hiking parters;  Re-entry
from the trail;  "Trail Trivia around the campfire".

We will have a group hike (day or overnight) along Eagle Creek and the PCT
on Sunday.

The cost is $20, which includes two catered dinners and two continental
breakfasts.  Motels in town range from $38 to $63 per night.  We can help
arrange rides from Portland to Cascade Locks, too.

Please contact Brice Hammack for more information:
  Phone (503)292-3707
  Email: Brita1919@aol.com

ALDHA-West is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting fellowship
among long distance hikers.  Along with the Gathering, we publish a
quarterly Gazette.  Annual dues are $10.

If you have any other questions about the Gathering or would like to learn
about joining ALDHA-West,  please contact me:

Roger Carpenter
ALHDA-West
P.O. Box 651
Vancouver, WA  98666-0651