[pct-l] Gear info

I will be attending a Ranier Mountaineering course in mid-September.
Their equipment list includes several items that I have no experience
with (which is why I am going to the course).  Ultimately, I plan on
climbing Mt. McKinley, and if I'm going to buy equipment now, I'd just
as soon not need to replace it with other more suitable equipment
later.  I'm hoping that people on this list will have some useful
suggestions as to what features, etc. I should be looking for, and as to
manufacturers and models.

The list includes glacier goggles, ascenders, head lamp, mountaineering
boots (plastic are suggested), crampons.  Comments on any other
equipment are welcome.

Thanks

Ed