[pct-l] trails threatened by antennas

I'm interested in learning about hiking trails threatened by
installation of or enhancements to mountaintop antennaes.  The Triangle
Trail, atop Mt. Mansfield, VT, has been recently closed due to excessive
radiation from microwave towers.  Construction of a new tower to provide
additional TV channels to the Champlain Vallen region may further damage
the mountaintop.  With the coming of more cable channels, digital TV and
High Definition Television (HDTV), there will be more building of
antennaes (some, on valley floors, over 2000 ft high, according to a
recent article in the NY Times).

Are there, or have there been, other mountaintops where hiking and
camping have been restricted due to antenna construction?

Please write to me at the address below, or cc me on your reply.

Thanks,

David Appell
appell@together.net