[pct-l] Re: Eastern Sierra Shuttle

At 05:21 PM 7/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I checked Greyhound's web page a couple of weeks ago.  According to their
>schedule, its a 24-hour bus ride from Reno to Bishop and(I believe) vice
>versa!  It was that way when I checked a couple of years ago.

That was before the road north of Bridgeport was fixed. It should be only a
few hours now. Before the road was fixed you had to go through Bakersfield
and Sacramento. As of July 1 that is no longer the case. From my experience
researching the info for the page, I can attest that Greyhound has trouble
finding this info in their computer, but with the route number, you should
be able to find the info. Also, make sure you check for the Date you are
planning to travel. If you don't, the agent will check todays schedule.

The route number and schedule (from the JMT Page)

Schedule 6008
Los Angeles     4:35pm
Lone Pine     11:20pm
Lee Vining    2:15am