[pct-l] Mounting Biking on the PCT

Bikes are not allowed on the PCT, but I cannot tell
you exactly where in the comprehensive plan (or some
other document) it states this, nor can I tell you
how specific it is.  I'll try to get this information.

I can tell you that we are working with the Forest
Service to cut down on illegal bicycle use on the
PCT along the east shore of Timothy Lake.  The USFS
is building an alternate route for bicycles along
this stretch of PCT with the exception of a 300'
section of PCT that uses puncheon to cross a sensitive
riparian area.  At this point, riders will be required
walk their bicycles.

Steve Queen
Mount Hood Area Coordinator
Pacific Crest Trail Association