[pct-l] Warner Springs Golf Restaraunt

>Of course if you are looking particularly presentable you
>could try and dine at the Golf Club/Resort facilities, but if you look the
>way I did, I can't imagine you would fit in with the golf set.

The Golf Course Restaraunt at Warner Springs has no problems serving dirty
PCT hikers, and even has outside seating if you are worried about stinking
up the place. When we hiked through there last week the waitress said "oh,
it's hiker season again" and said that last year they filled all the
outside seats with hikers more than once.<g>

Mike Springer and I got into town about 7pm after the PO had closed, so we
camped by the chapel just north of town, and the next morning had 2 orders
of breakfast each (they open at 6:30 am on Saturdays) picked up our mail
drops when the PO opened at 8 am and were back hiking by 8:30

Just remember to tip well, and ask before you drag your pack inside......

To add to the Warner Springs info, I got this from the PCTA:

Warner Springs--public phone by P.O.
Golf Grill (food) close to P.O. (619) 782-4271
Open:  M, Tu Wed,Th & Sun 6:30am-4pm, bar til 5pm;
	Fri 6:30 am-5pm, bar til 6pm;  Sat-6:30 am-9pm;
Gas station has snacks but is closed Tuesday & Wednesday

--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA