[pct-l] Traffic patterns

Well, as with the mailings lists, so go the trails, it would appear.
The AT-L list sees a good deal more traffic than does this one.  Which leads
to my question... anyone know the statistics, or guesswork numbers, on how
many folks attempt/complete a PCT thru-hike in recent years?  I would assume
the numbers have been steadily rising, as along the AT, but wonder if perhaps
the PCT's are growing more quickly as its eastern counterpart becomes, in
a real, bad way, overcrowded.  Over 3000 started north last year, from what
I hear.  What's the western picture?

- Blister>Free