[pct-l] RE: M-80s (PCT-L)

Tomw Best said:

>Some guy in rec.backcountry wrote:

One other way to discourage bears if you do not mind the extra weight is
to carry some hamburger and some jalapino peppers.  hide the peppers in
the hamburger and leave it out where the bear will find it.  After one
bite the bear usually leaves the area and does not return for awhile.
Also bonk them with rocks. Noise and flashlights do not bother them.
Also ther are documented cases of "kamikaze Bears."  These critters
climb the tree and then jump out on the branch and crash to the ground
along with the food bag.  As I said before I tie an alarm device made
with mercury switches and a small beeper to my rope.  When the bear
grabs the rope I throw an M80 at it, woks every time.

I am wondering what the group conscience thinks of the M-80 idea.<

Hol long (in terms of seconds) is the fuse?