[pct-l] mosquito nets and light tents.

Hi!  I hiked the AT last year with my Megamid.  It is a fair tent for
summer and a great tent for snow camping.

Many folks have sewed either fabric or net to the bottom edge of the tent.
(about twelve inches.)

If there are heavy rains, you have two problems: 1- the tent "beats down" a
great deal in the rain.  It is really just space for one person and pack at
that time.  2- If you don't pitch on the high spot (or trench - yuch) then
the water runs right through.  I had to abandon my "mid" for a trail
shelter several times on the trip.  Once I just gathered my stuff on top of
my thermarest and let the water flow on by.

I used my hiking sticks as the "mid" pole.  Two pounds is sure light.

Walk in love...
Pooh (AT96)

Bill Person