Re: [pct-l] questions from a novice

All,

If an experienced hiker like Brick can have a "mishap" crossing a creek and a
Back-country Ranger of 20 years can disappear last year "without a trace,"
what's going to protect us novices out there?

Forget the macho "nothing-can-go-wrong" attitude. Follow the advice of
experienced hikers and be conservative in your decision-making. Perhaps
you'll live to hike another day.

Charlie

p.s. I remember crossing Bear Creek in '96. The water was just above my knees
and someone had left a hand rope tied at the crossing. To whoever that was, I
say "Thanks, friend." It wasn't a piece-of-cake crossing, but we both made it
safely across.