[pct-l] Couscous pasta

Couscous is usually 100% Semolina wheat - the same stuff regular pasta is
made of. Most of the stuff for sale in the US is the pre-cooked version, so
Couscous is just pre-cooked pasta pellets<g>.

Lots of Middle Eastern food is great for backpacking: couscous, tabuleh,
hummus: all lightweight, easy no-cook preparation, and loads of calories.
Good tasting too. There is a store called Boney's not far from my house
here in san diego that sells all this stuff bulk, at about 1/4 the price of
the packaged stuff. If anyone still needs food when they get here, let me
know and I'll point them the right way.
--
Brick Robbins
San Diego, CA