Re: [pct-l] Couscous pasta

Couscous is basically wheat pasta.  I love it, and it is EXTREMELY
practical.  The usual directions (even at home) are:

	boil water
	add cous-cous
	remove from heat and let sit.

You can find cous-cous in bulk at many natural food stores and some
supermarkets.  It is much cheaper that way than in the little "gourmet"
packages.  I suspect that if you're area has a middle-eastern food store
that you could get the stuff for next to nothing.  As for the flavor
packets... I just use plain couscous as a base and add dehydrated veggies,
boullion, curry powder, whaterver.  There's no magic... it's just a bland
base and goes well with almost any flavor you like.

-- Jim Mayer

http://www.hack.net/lists *