Re: [pct-l] re: Pack volumes (Another two cents, and another,...)

now Roger (Ebert), I disagree,...

I think a good book or two is ok, maybe not to start off with, but it's nice
to relax and soak up another person's story beyond yours. Besides, it's good
trading material down the trail when you're done! Charles aka the Mighty Thor
from '90 was a botanist/biologist and carried never less than 5 books,
usually field guides of sorts. He's also the only one who's pack did NOT
break that year on the trail, believe it or not!

I'm also taking a tiny radio, so is polite cat, luckily she is taking a Dana.
but mine's only a small walkman,with an external speaker so I can listen to
it while making camp, hanging out, etc with no headphones to deal with. p
cat's bring tapes, too. from what she told me not many people will want to
trade for her tapes, but you never know.

jeremy