[pct-l] Ticks & Snow

     I hiked the PCT recently in the San Bernardino mtns (section C) and
     the San Gabriel mtns (section D).  I got hundreds of ticks on my
     lower half of my body some times in one day of hiking.  The worst
     area was at the beginning of section D (section D1).  I have found
     out that "off tick spray" works well to keep them off.  Also there
     are a lot of trees down in sections C9 thru C11 between Big Bear
     lake & Lake Arrowhead & in section D3 from Gobblers knob to Blue
     Ridge.  Also in sections D3 & D4(between blue ridge and mtn high
     ski lift areas) there are 3 foot snow banks on the trail in a lot
     places, some are at a 70 degree angle.  But if we don't get anymore
     snow, by the time you get to these sections they should be okay.
     The only section that still might have snow is section D5 near Mt.
     Baden-Powell.  Hope this helps the thru hikers. - Matthew