[pct-l] Re: choice of backpack

>Hi, again.  It's Stace from San Diego (planning to thru-hike in '99).
>I have been looking at backpacks for the past few months, attempting to
>find the perfect one to get used to and use on my PCT hike.  I got rid
>of my external frame Kelty, and I have been looking at internal frame
>packs.

I'm going to try the M'smith M'light 4000, which weighs in
at 2 lbs, 5 oz.  I've only used it for overnights, and it's very comfortable
at 25 lbs full-up weight.  Will it last the whole hike?  If not, I'll
repair/replace it then.  I think it's worth a try.  I can always fall
back on my Gregory...  :^)  at a few pounds more!

Rick