[pct-l] Re: This and that

> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 00:18:27 -0800 (PST)
> From: Andy Strickland <andyman@efn.org>
> Subject: [pct-l] This and that

> So I will stick with a lot of the tried and true basics, oatmeal, dried
milk, potato
> flakes,

A funny PCT story about potato flakes.  I used them (rarely) and one time I
prepared them but forgot that the water I used to reconstitute them had
been treated with iodine (this was in pre water filter days).  If any of
you remember your high school chemistry, you know what happened when the
iodine reacted with the starchy potatoes:

they turned blue!

It was a colorful meal.

John Paul Reeves