Re: [pct-l] Olallie Lake Guard Station

In a message dated 97-03-04 04:31:16 EST, JWilsonVW@aol.com writes:

<< Checking with Jardine's info, he states that "it's better to pick up
packages
 in the evening."  Do Doneal and Melanie know by chance if that will still be
the case for this year? >>

I haven't read Jardine's info (seems almost like I'm the only one who hasn't)
so I don't know the context of his statement and don't intend to dispute his
advice. But ...

One thing in favor of picking up packages "in the morning" is that you may
rest a little better that night knowing that your resupply package is secure
from bears. Of course, if you have a bear box available, then this is of no
concern.

Charlie