Re: [pct-l] Tarps vs. Tents

     I prefer a tent, but I am antsy about ants and other things that
     crawl.  In the desert, there were plenty of crawlers.  Even in the
     high Sierras, I found a lot of mosquitoes in the evening and night.  I
     used a 4 1/2 pound tent on the PCT, but the 2.X pound tents from
     Eureka (Gossamer and Solitude??) look interesting.  I'm not sure how
     sturdy they are.  Design wise, they are what I would take if I did the
     PCT again.

     Ed