[pct-l] John Muir Trail

Greetings,
I plan to solo hike the JMT this summer......north to south. While
researching and reading accounts of this trip there seems to be no mention of
resupplying in the Independence California area via the Kearsarge Pass Trail.

Is there some reason why the Kearsarge Pass Trail/Independence CA route may
not be being used as an alternate resupply route by JMT hikers?
I would really appreciate hearing from anyone regarding this subject.
Please contact me directly via e-mail at:   DD1990@aol.com
Regards, Dave Stoner