[pct-l] Re: pct-l-digest V1 #30

Politecat:
The advice below is excellent, however be cautious about carving up the
guidebook.  If you happen to miss a mail drop you will be without a book
section.  My answer to that potential problem was to carry two sections,
the current section and the next section.  If I missed a mail drop then I
would have an opportunity to instruct my mailer to locate the wayward
package and get it to me before I needed the section maps (luckily, I never
missed a package).

Good luck.

> From: brick robbins <brick@ix.netcom.com>
> First off, the trail IS NOT WELL MARKED! Without the Wilderness Press
> guidebooks you WILL GET LOST! However, the only maps you need to find the
> trail are contained in the guidebooks. I also liked to have a "big
picture"
> map along with me, and I bought and carried several over the length of
CA. I