[pct-l] Re: Trekking poles

<< I think I am in a position to talk about trekking poles because I have
been
 using them on hikes for quite a while now and you would have to tread on my
 dead body to snatch them from me. >>

Philippe, I agree with you 100%!  I first heard about using them for hiking
from German friends.  I just bought a pair of Leki's for my upcoming thru
hike of the Appalachian Trail, after using a friend's poles for a day.  What
a difference they make!  Many people here in the East just buy cheap used ski
poles and are very happy with them, but I wanted something adjustable.  I'll
let y'all know how they hold up for 2200 miles!

Martha (Marty) Manzano - Gypsy