[pct-l] Spring trip!

Bob Turner wrote:

> My name is Bob Turner.  I live in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (pronounced core duh
> lane).  My wife and two kids (now 14 and 17) have hiked alomost all of the
> PCT through WA and OR.  This coming spring Joy, the 14 year old, and I will
> depart from Campo for Canada.  The trip is something she really wants to
> do, and it provided me the motivation to go for it as well.

Hi Bob,

Good luck to you and your daughter, Joy, on your your hiking trip this
spring.  I just read a post from Alan asking for details on your trip.
We would all benefit from your experiences on the trail.  I only get 3
weeks of vacation a year and most of that is pre-planned with the family
for the beach and sometimes we work in a week in NH (Mt. Washington).
Anything you'd like to share would be interesting reading.

I find it fascinating that your 14 year old is taking on such a
challenge...I just need to know how did she get interested in hiking?
We have an 18 and a 14 year old (both girls) and neither has shown any
interest.  We even got them their own gear but still no good.  They did
venture up Tuckerman's Ravine in NH a year ago with us and didn't have a
problem.  They would be great hikers but it's just not their cup of tea
(unfortunately).

Good luck to you both and keep us posted!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!

Kathy