[pct-l] Hiking in the snow.

Hi everyone,

I'm typically a day-hiker and occasionally do some backpacking.  With
the winter upon us here in the east (PA), I'm going to have to resort to
another mode of transportation to get me into the backcountry.  I bought
my first pair of snowshoes (Tubbs Aurora) and will be attempting to use
them as soon as we have enough snow...only 3" so far.  Does anyone have
experience with snowshoes and can advise me a little.  Just curious as
to what to expect.  Thanks!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Kathy