[pct-l] shipping beer

Beer in the backcountry!  This is the main reason why I will never be an ultra light hiker.  I love a good brew at the campsite at the end of the day, and I don't mind hauling it there.  That and the fact I have to have my down pillows and down booties, and lots of cheese, and...... well lets just say I'm a soft hiking dude.

Doc Holiday

From: "Terry Norton" <terry.norton@gmail.com>

From: marge at prothman.org (Marge Prothman)
Date: Fri Mar 31 16:06:31 2006
Subject: [pct-l] Mt. Baden Powell Bypass

I would like to hear from those 2005 hikers who chose to by pass Mt. Baden
Powell due to the snow levels last year.  Where did you leave the PCT and
where did you come back on, possibly the elevations would help, as well as
the approximate mileage for the reroute.  We are doing this section after
the Kickoff and the way the snow is coming down in the higher elevations of
Southern Calif .(and not just here in Idaho) I would like to have an
alternate plan.  I am a little confused with the Angles Hiway #2, is some of
it washed out?  Or what makes it unsafe to hike on, is there possible debris
coming from up above? Can this hiway be walked entirely between points to
bypass the elevations of Baden Powell?  I remember last year, Marion the
Llamalady posted something about a trail detour at lower elevations and
about a different set of maps.  Also Kevin Corcoran posted something.  So
anything anyone knows from last years hiking will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)