[pct-l] Thoughts on Trail Slushees

_pastafly@hotmail.com_ (mailto:pastafly@hotmail.com)   writes:

fill up  water bottle with snow, throw in some tang and let it melt for
awhile, then  shake like a snakes tail!!  whaaaala  instant slushee!!   and while i
was in mojave i
purchased a bottle of root beer  flavor snow cone syrup and mailed it ahead
to kennedy meadows.  so i  had the dddddeeeelicous treat of root beer snow
cones through the  sierras!!!
That is a great idea.  I use  to do that year's ago with lemonade mix too.
Actually, my invention can be  used without any snow around on the ground.  No
problem.

Let's say you are out on the Mojave  Desert banging along in Section E and
need a snow cone break.  You need a  slushee break real bad.  In seconds you can
have a slushee with my Super  Secret Slushee Crystals.  Easy.  You can flavor
it with anything you  want.

The problem is that it makes a lot  of slushee.  May be too much, but I guess
that will be okay when your  throat is parched and you are about to die
beside the trail.  Of course,  other hikers will be puzzled when you start throwing
snow balls at them in the  desert.

Okay, I have changed my mind.   I will demonstrate the Slushee Crystals at
the Trail Fest this Saturday.  I  am feeling sorry for the Class of 2006 and
will cut them some  slack.

Cheers, Switchback
Trail Ice King & Desert Snowman  Builder