[pct-l] Praising pot cozies

I haven't done a temp test on my homemade pot cozy yet (nor have I weighed it).  I'm so enamoured with it, I guess I'll take it regardless of its oz's.  I used it on our last San Gabriels outing in close to freezing temps, and can attest at least anecdotally that it was effective.  You've inspired me to run the temp tests!  How did you avoid or account for temperature drops when you tested?  Did you open the pot each time to test the contents?  Or just keep a thermometer in the cozy all closed up?

I made mine out of the same material they make ironing board covers out of; it has a silver surface that doesn't let heat penetrate on one side, and cotton insulation on the other.  I didn't follow any pattern (so it's as u-neek as me), and made it so that it fits my pot, can hold my windscreen, and has pockets to hold my spork, and other "kitchen" accessories.  This achieved my secondary objective for the cozy which was make a carrying case that elimates the rattling that occurred when my cookset was in a silnylon bag, and keeps the whole kaboodle compact.

>From one pot cozy fan to another!

L-Rod