[pct-l] 2-day snow camp refresher interest

Hi, all!

Sorry about the number of posts on this subject, but there seems to be a  lot
of interest in a simple, fun snow camping weekend refresher course.  We
began offering these back in the early '80s and have found them to be really
rewarding.  They cause you to get away from your frantic planning and get  out
there to do a systems check (equipment, clothing, food, skills, technique  tips,
altitude change, fitness, etc.) on yourself and your gear, plus fall down  a
little in the snow and laugh.

These trips go one weekend per month from Thanksgiving on. They are a
beginner's course and prerequisite to the 3, 4, and 7-day more skilled trips
covering either more distance or higher altitude or both, as is the case with  the
Real Deal, Red Line Route.

Since time is of the essence, many of you can't take Monday or Friday off,
and there has been so much interest, who would like a simple refresher course
on  one of these weekends:
March 18/19    March 25/26   April 15/16?

The 2-day is a snow camping refresher course designed to teach or  remind
you
of how to deal with on-snow issues like traveling over snow  and ice, crampon

and ice axe use (if requested), avalanche recognition  and avoidance, route
finding, water acquisition, in-tent cooking,  frozen boots and canteens,
etc..
This is a base camp trip; no  daily miles except to explore, climb,  learn,
and laugh. These courses  are part of our regular school offerings and cost
$200.

The 4-day, for you guys called "PCT-Prep.", is designed to simulate  what you
will have to do on the JMT on snow when you get there.  We  attempt to do 10
miles a day on snowshoes
or skis making a circuit of  Desolation Wilderness while learning and
applying snow travel skills. You must  be physically fit for this one. This is a
benefit course for thru hikers and  costs only $50 with ten students. The next one
goes April 7-10.

Mtnned
Mountain Education