[pct-l] Strider's March 1 Irresponsible First Sierra Entry Date WAG

Well, it is March 1.

Upper Tyndall Creek (upon which I have normally based my predictions on and
has historical data going back to 1970) at 11,400 feet is currently at 21
inches.  This puts it smack dab in the middle of the average.

Crabtree Meadow OTOH is only at 16.3 inches.  This is the lowest on
historical records except for 1976 and 1991.

So   .   .    .

Drum roll please . .  .

Strider's March 1 Irresponsible First Sierra Entry Date WAG is . . .

June 6th

Now, the caveats;

IMHO,
YMMV,
HYOH,
MYOSMOP (make your own snow meltoff predictions)
CBOA1 (check back on April 1)

Greg "Strider" Hummel

PS (I spent the night of May 12th, 1977 in the Upper Tyndall Creek Snow
Survey cabin just below Forester Pass.  The temp that night got down to 12 deg. F
outside, inside 75 deg. F!!!!)

PSS (Tom, are you still 1. Making similar stupid WAGs?  2. Coming to the ADZ?)