[pct-l] The Trans PCT Challenge

_Tortoise73@charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73@charter.net)   writes:

Up here  in fall northern California, we are working on restoring the old
Kelsey  Trail which will run from Crescent City up to the PCT and perhaps
beyond.  I'm not up on all the details. And the Pacific Coast Trail
passes right  through Crescent City so one could make a California  loop.

That is a great idea --- a  California loop trail.  How about up the PCT then
over to the Pacific coast  in northern California and then down the coast to
San Diego.  Then  over to the PCT at Campo.

Nice little hike and you never  repeat anything.  Desert, mountains, and
ocean (I can see a neat trail  patch coming out of this).  Does not get any better
than that.

Too bad it cannot go through John  Muir's home and historic site too near
Oakland.  That would be  cool.

So, when does everyone start trail  building to finish up the California Loop
Trail?  When does California  officially designate it and fence funds to
maintain it?  Where do I join  and send dues to?  How do I get a neat color
brochure and maps of the whole  loop?  I bet that is some brochure.

Cheers,  Switchback