[pct-l] PCT on cross country skis

A colleague of mine at work (Patagonia) skied the JMT in 1982.  Since he carried a pack rather than taking a sled, part of the preparations included skiing in to make caches at selected points.

He (my co-worker, named Ken) also thru-hiked the PCT in 1974 with a friend named Jonathan Rose.  Jonathan then hiked the AT in 1976 and the CDT in 1978.  While on the CDT, Jonathan hiked along with Dave O'Dell at times, but finished before Dave.  This is according to Ken's recollection, as told to me; I do not know Jonathan.  But we do wonder a bit why Jonathan is not recognized for his triple crown completion (likely the first).

Shelly