[pct-l] Pan-American Trail

I think you may be right about it being Hazard...my living circumstances
have changed recently and most all my papers are askew so I can't find the
source...but that sentence about, "adventuring feet of men and animals," well,
that sounds familiar to me.

I have a copy of the 1945 edition of  "The Pacific Crest  Trailways,"  but
what I'm after now is something mentioned in the 1973  edition of "The Pacific
Crest Trail, Volume 1: California," which states,  "As early as January 1935
Clarke published a handbook-guide to the  PCT...."  So maybe he self-published
it?  I've never heard anything  else about this guide, but it's certainly
someting I'd like to find out more  about....

In a message dated 2/26/2006 7:27:01 PM Pacific Standard Time,