[pct-l] Pan-American Trail

I have the 1945 edition of Clarke's "The Pacific Crest Trailway," which
includes sketch maps and descriptions of the route, although sometimes it's
many miles between data points.

However, you may be thinking of Joseph Hazard regarding the Pan-American
Trail, though. I have a signed copy of his 1946 "Pacific Crest Trails." It's
not a trail guide but rather a description of the lands the trail would pass
through. Written after work started on the Pan-American Highway, he writes:

"The PAN-AMERICAN TRAIL, for the adventuring feet of men and animals, with
backpack or saddle, will reinforce, fortify, and expand the highway
system...Ten thousand miles of vacation lands to promote better
understandings and warmer friendships will all Americans!"

AsABat