[pct-l] Super Secrets - Water

I bought a 1.5 L bottle of Calistoga Mountain Spring Water recently for
performing some experiments.  I discovered that a Platypus tube fits on it
perfectly; even upside-down the container doesn't leak with the tube
attached tightly.  The light-weight, but semi-rigid Calistoga container
works fine for drinking through the Platypus tube.  Every once in a while, I
blow into the tube to replace the volume of water which I drank with air.  I
thought this system would only work if I mounted the bottle high on my
backpack, but I discovered that I can drink water from the Calistoga easily
when the bottle is carried upside-down in a pocket which is attached to my
backpack waist-belt.  So, I need not carry any bladders and I can just use
typical soft-drink or bottled water containers which I can buy and discard
in trail towns.  I am carrying one wide-mouth collapsible Nalgene container
which fits my MSR SweetWater filter.

Trail Name: Doodad
Pacific Crest Trail Northbound 2006
Amateur Radio N7RR Tracking: