[pct-l] hitching out of towns

Agreed, and that ties in with the first thing in my
original post:  BE NICE.  When talking to locals, is
my main intent to score a ride?  Of course not.  I
genuinely like people.  I like hearing other people's
stories.  I like looking at other people's pictures.

In the scouts, we were taught to always leave our
campsite cleaner than we found it.  I think the same
concept can be applied to hikers in towns.  Setting a
good example is key, especially when you know which
hikers were in town before you.  I can think of one
hiker in particular who simply was not kind.  This
hiker was ahead of us, and we sometimes had to smooth
out the bad impression this hiker left in trail towns.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

--- Ryan Christensen <ryan_christensen@sbcglobal.net>