[pct-l] hitching into/out of Packwood

My experiences with hitch-hiking were varied.  It took me about 20  mins to
get the ride into Packwood.  Two constructions guys with a cooler  full of
beers picked me up and sloshed me into Packwood.  At Baldwin Lake  near Big Bear,
it took me more than two hours to get a ride.  It was my  feeling that
drivers, unable to decide if I was Jolly Saint Nick or Charley  Manson, generally
drove by before they could decide.  A large, legible,  "PCT Hiker To Town Please"
sign helped immensely, I think...

Hitching, like all other aspects of the Trail is a variable for which no
accounting can be made.  Just go with the flow.

"No Way Ray"  Echols