[pct-l] Super Secrets - Hiker Tan

I noticed some discussions about  Deet and bugs and skin protection.  I do
not want to be an alarmist,  but I just want to remind everyone to also think
radiation and skin  safety.  Don't get too much sun when the hiking season
starts.   Skin cancer is no laughing matter.  It is a real killer and the  surgery
cures, if possible, are not pretty.

Look at the hiker journals and the  folks pulling into Warner Springs.  Their
skin looks awful.  Too much  red; skin damage.  I think the skin is the
largest organ of the  body.  Take care of it.  Don't abuse it.

I use the REI brand sun  lotion.  It has a nice balance of ingredients.  If
anyone out  there has some experiences and recommendations for skin protection,
please  post them for everyone getting ready for the 2006 campaign.

I also use the GoLite Chrome Dome  umbrella and SunPrecaution.com clothing.
Of course, the umbrella is used  with Switchback's world famous handsfree 2
ounce umbrella holder.   :-)  This protection really cuts down on my dehydration
too.

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Trail Roustabout & Water Lush