[pct-l] Re: Beer for the Trail

Switchback:  You are too funny!  Yes, I think a formal defrocking at the kick-off is in order.  can'tquit
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: hiker97@aol.com
  To: reinholdmetzger@cox.net ; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Cc: carolbruno@cox.net ; laura629@hotmail.com ; Rattlesnake5648@Yahoo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:27 PM
  Subject: Beer for the Trail

  JMT REINHOLD wrote: WE WOULD NEED ONLY 12.5LB OF BEER TO DELIVER 5000 CALORIES VS 20LB OF FOOD & WATER. AND WE WOULD NOT NEED POTS & PANS & STOVES & FUEL. NOR WOULD WE NEED A BEAR CANISTER, WATER FILTER OR PURIFICATION TABS AND WE WOULD NEVER BE AT RISK OF DEHYDRATION.
   BUT BEST OF ALL, WE WOULD BE HAPPIER AND MORE JOVIAL CAMPERS.
  YES, SWITCHBACK, I THINK WE'RE ON TO SOMETHING HERE.
  This is what we need more of on this List.  Real he-man, trail pirate backpackers and thinking out of the box creators.  Outstanding.  Superb.  Gold star for you.

  Now I have to come clean with you.  I have never drank beer (may be 2-3 cans in my whole 59 year life).  What an embarrassing trail pirate I am.  I am a phony.  I am ashamed.  I am disgraced.  I am a trail pirate thru hiker want-a-be.  I am a trail town sacker want-a-be.  I wish I could be like all the other backpackers on this List and be brave and courageous and tough.  I am none of those things.  I am weak, scared, and a wimp.  Oh, well.  I would rather be a live wimp, instead of a potentially dead too brave hiker.

  I can see them stripping me of my backpack at the April Kickoff in a ceremony in front of all the other hikers.  Probably take my hiking poles and break them in half too and throw them on the ground for everyone to stomp on.

  Your prohibition hiking buddy, Switchback
  Ducking for Cover & Under the Blankets for Protection PCT Corridor Hiker