[pct-l] Truth

--- Hiker97@aol.com wrote:

> The truth is such a funny  thing.  In the police
> department it is widely know
> that eye witnesses are  often wrong and people are
> in prison for it.  The
> same group of witnesses  to an event will remember
> or give accounts completely
> different.  It is  weird. ......

Aloha,

My family moved from Eugene OR, to Olympia WA when I
was half way through 7th grade.  Everyone knew that I
would be leaving just after valentines day.  So my
english teacher asked me to help him with a project.
The plan was for me to find some way of getting in an
argument with him and then storm out.  He would then
have the whole class write a description of what
happened.  Half way through the class, I asked to use
the bathroom.  He said no.  I said 'I really have to
go'.  He replied that I would have to wait until class
was over.  I said "F%^# U I've gotta go and I'm
going".  He said if I left then I had better just go
to the principals office.  I told him where to put it
and left.  I waited in the hall until he came out and
got me.  I entered the class room and everyone
clapped---we had totally convinced everyone it was a
real fight.  Then everyone took turns reading their
description of what had happened.  It was amazing how
many different versions there were.  Many recalled
some parts, but not others.  It really showed everyone
how the same event can be seen so differently.