[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 34, Issue 14

I have been a thru hiker and a section hiker.  I thru hiked the AT, and hopefully, this year, I will finish up my section hike of the PCT.  This year I went to the Kick off and then hiked to Cajon Pass.  It was fun being part of a bigger group.  I don't think anyone has treated me differently because I section hike.  And I love section hiking, because I don't have to put as much emotional energy in my hike...I just enjoy my section.  Sometimes on my section hike I hike totally alone, and sometimes I find others to hike with.  And I agree a section hike is more about the hike and not just about the destination.  Gutsy