[pct-l] New Backpacking Term Nomination

As most of you remember I nominated several months ago the term, "CD" to be part of our terminology.  It stands for "Circle or Circling the Drain".  It is a term the ICU staff uses behind your back when you are going terminal   I said we should use it like, "I think I am going to CD after this hike."

Now I would like to nominate another term, "Knucklehead".  This is a hiker who just does not get it in the manners department.  It is someone who embarrasses the hiking community by his or her conduct.  They think a hike gives them the right to act obnoxious, rude, and crude.

They are the 2%ers who give hikers a bad reputation in trail towns, post offices, and at trail angel stopovers.  They are selfish and think the world revolves around them and their problems out there.  They are always ready to be helped, but are slow to help.

I know what you are thinking -- DON'T SAY IT.  Anyway, there might some terms out there already for this, but I just cannot think of them right now.  If you have some better terms, please let me know .......without getting personal!

Thank you for your attention.

Your hiking buddy, Switchback
Mr. Trail Manners & Politeness Monitor