[pct-l] OT: PCT appropriate? books

I just read a couple of books that have some bearing on my PCT
experience, and maybe yours.

1st book is Deep Survival by Laurence Gonzales - subtitle Who Live,
Who Dies, and Why. It made me rethink a lot of my hiking experience,
and consider whether I was experienced, or just lucky.

The is Amy Racina's Angels in the Wilderness. Story of a backpacker,
hiking alone, off trail in Kings Canyon, and falls 60 feet onto
granite, breaking both legs, a hip, kneecap, open wounds. Not expected
back for days. Our worst nightmare situation.
--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html