[pct-l] Class of 05 thru-hike completion rate?

Hey, Scott,

Something about your David Horton quote didn't seem quite right:

>> David said something to the effect that letting *everyone* know what he
was
> doing motivated him because he didn't want to appear as a failure in their
> eyes if he quit. I always thought the concept of shaming yourself was an
> unhealthy way to motivate one's self.

So I went back to check.  Here's what he said:

"I also think that it
is important to announce to the world and everyone that you know
that you are planning a big adventure.  This puts the pressure on you
to train for the adventure and to complete the adventure.  It also
makes it much more difficult to stop during the adventure."

His emphasis was - and always is - on finishing, completing, succeeding.
I hear a more positive tone there than you did, I guess.

BTW, your Postholer site is terrific!

Dr Bob

"135